I finally decided to go for it – I ordered my very own copy of INSANITY. For the first time, since I heard about it, I’m ready to commit myself 100%. With the holidays coming up I contemplated postponing to start in January, but I am just so excited to see results I don’t want to waste any time. Also, seeing as this workout can be done anywhere as long as I have my trainers, laptop and the DVDs there was really no reason to wait two months.
So here’s a quick rundown on why I’m doing INSANITY:
- I finished my challenge of running 10km in under my target of 62 minutes and I’m feeling so much fitter now. Never been able to run for an hour without a break.
- I’ve started slipping in to bad eating habits. My diet is nowhere as clean as it was two months ago.
- I need a new challenge. My current workouts are becoming somewhat monotonous – can’t bear another session of JM’s Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD, at least for the time being.
- With the weather changing, I prefer to finish working out in the morning. By the evening I get lazy and my gym doesn’t open till 9:30am so with INSANITY I can work out whenever I want.
- As the holidays are fast approaching I need to get in control before I lose control!
For those of you who have not heard of Insanity, here is some info:
- It is a 60-day max interval training total body conditioning program. It has the reputation for the being the most intense workout ever put on DVD. Unlike conventional training where you have extremely difficult bursts for a short time, here you go insane for longer and have short burst of rests. The program is designed for you to workout 6 days a week and have 1 rest day a week. I will also be continuing with my body pump classes 2x a week so I don’t lose muscle mass.
- INSANITY uses your own body weight. There is no need for weights or any extra equipment so it can be done anywhere and all the DVDs can all be completed in under 1 hour
I’m going to use the 60 days dedicated to the program to focus on a cleaner diet. I will try to stick to the recommended 5 meals a day, all roughly around 300kcals as suggested in the nutrition plan. I will NOT be cutting out chocolate (will try to stick to dark) or alcohol completely. I know I will not be perfect 100% of the time but if I stick to the 80:20 rule I’ll be happy. I finally believe in the saying: “you cannot out train a bad diet”. Alas, if I am committing to INSANITY I do not want my diet to be the reason I don’t see results. I will be doing a re-cap at the end of each week for the full 9 weeks. So, if you are interested you can follow my progress through my INSANITY journey. I will post my workouts for the 60 days in the Fitness Section as soon as my DVD set arrives.
So, If you are out there and somehow stumbled upon my blog, and if you’re also doing INSANITY right now I’d love to hear from you and how you are finding the program. Especially if you’ve got a blog that’s tracking your progress – I get so much motivation from others. Please leave a comment with a link to your blog or your thoughts on INSANITY.